Saturday, June 27, 2009

Shisha

A couple of days ago, I went for shisha for the first time in my entire life. For those of you who are not familiar with it, shisha is basically like this:

Step 1: Flavored powder is burnt to produce flavored smoke.

Step 2: The flavored smoke is filtered through water.

Step 3: The filtered smoke is sucked in through a pipe into our mouths.




Another name for shisha is hooka. HOOKA. Please do not confuse this with the word hooker, which stands for a completely different thing altogether. I will not explain the meaning of hooker here because if you are over 18, you should know it; and if you are under 18, please go and ask your mom or dad. Just don't tell them where you got this word from.


Now, to enjoy fully, you should suck with full power and draw all the smoke into your lungs. When I say full power, I mean FULL POWER. Imagine you have dropped your diamond ring into a bathtub and you need to suck it up before it goes down the drainage hole.


I did that on my first shot, and immediately started coughing hard enough to put a 80-year old man who has been smoking his whole life to shame. However later on as I caught the hang of it, I started to enjoy more and more. I felt as if the divine energy of heaven was flooding my lungs.

To illustrate how I felt, please look closely at the expression of this cat:


That portrays it perfectly.

1 comment: